Remodeling is a major undertaking that consumes both our time and resources. To save yourself from wasting the former, it is worth doing an overview of your tools.
With a fully equipped toolbox, apartment renovation won’t be scary, whether it’s just a quick wall refresh or a total bathroom renovation.
They make many jobs easier and faster. The kit of each renovator should include:
- a screwdriver and a drill or a drill-driver (combining the role of both tools),
- jigsaw (helps in cutting out even holes and trimming materials).
Not everything can be done with powered devices. Essential hand tools include:
- a hammer,
- a set of flat and Phillips screwdrivers,
- wrenches and allen keys,
- pencil or chalk,
- a tape measure,
- spirit level,
Wall or ceiling, no painting job is complete without them! Before buying paint, make sure you have:
- a spatula and a paint tray,
- small and large paint rollers,
- a set of flat and round brushes (don’t give up on the smallest size! They are indispensable for finishing work),
- painter’s tape and plastic sheeting (necessary to protect unpainted areas),
- a ladder and/or a telescopic handle to mount your paint rollers on.
Although you can’t call it a tool, protective clothing such as gloves and goggles should also be in your inventory before you start the renovation. Safety first!
>> See also: Home renovation. How to renovate quickly and cheaply?